Contest Rules – All Contests
- By entering a contest, winners agree to these rules and the decisions of the judges and further agree to allow Detroit Media Partnership, L.P., The Detroit News and Detroit Free Press to use their names and photos for publicity purposes without compensation.
- Employees and independent contractors of Detroit Media Partnership, L.P. The Detroit News, Detroit Free Press, Gannett Company, Inc., MediaNews Group, and any affiliated companies and their respective immediate families are not eligible.
- Entrants must be at least 18 years of age and U.S. citizens.
- Entries must be received by the deadline listed in the advertisement or section. Winners will be randomly selected and notified by phone and/or email. Due to the time sensitive nature of the contests, winners will have two hours from first notification to respond before prize is forfeited in favor of the next randomly drawn entry. Every reasonable attempt to contact winner will be made.
- No purchase necessary. Official entry forms may be picked up at the lobby of The Detroit News building downtown Detroit, 615 W. Lafayette. Only one entry form per person per daily visit will be given out.
- By entering a contest, you grant permission to Detroit Newspaper Partnership, L.P. to contact you, from time to time, for market research purposes or to provide promotional messages (in the form of mail, telemarketing or e-mail) about services and specials offered by Detroit Media Partnership, L.P. The Detroit News, Detroit Free Press and/or its advertising partners.
- All prizes will be awarded. No prize transfers or substitutions, except by sponsor due to unavailability. Prizes may be substituted for prizes of like value at the sponsors sole discretion.
- Winners may need to pick up their prize at the Detroit Media Partnership lobby located at 615 W. Lafayette, Blvd., Detroit, MI 48226.
- Promotion is subject to federal, state and local regulations and laws, and is void where taxed, restricted or prohibited. All taxes related to the value of the prize are the responsibility of the winners and a W9 must be filled out.
- Contest open to U.S. citizens only.
- Odds of winning based on number of entries received. Only official entries will be accepted. Any facsimiles or other reproductions will not be counted. One entry per envelope.
- This promotion may be canceled or postponed at the discretion of the publisher. However, in the event of cancellation or postponement, all prizes will be awarded.